Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day :)


Happy Mom/Momma/Mommy's day to my friends and fellow readers from around the planet. I do hope you found peace and happiness today.
Today was a nice relaxing day. We did exactly what I ask.....which was quite nice. We had a picnic at the lake, rode around in the fishing boat (larger than one of those green metal boats but not big enough to put in big water), played with the kittens, watched my son play with his aunt and daddy while they ran around with foam dart shooters. We fished a bit, but with the number of people we had, it was more conducive to just ride around the lake considering it was quite toasty and typical for a Mississippi spring day in May. It was just a nice day. No one had to cook, no expensive meal at Outback this year, just a box of chicken from Popeyes with sides and Pop made a blackberry cobbler for dessert, which we ate at the lake under our reserved pavillion. Apparently, the lake is not a big thing for mother's day, as we were the only family there, and there were only 4 other people we saw the whole time we were at the lake. So, if this is typical of mother's day, then I totally want to plan on another picnic next year. We nearly had the lake to ourselves. Now, it was suppose to storm today, so folks may have made plans accordingly, but God gave us a little gift and held the storm off until late evening well after we had left the lake. I must say that it was one of the best days out of a handful of days that rate in the category of best since September 2007.

I am very thankful to be a Mommy. According to the doctors, it was impossible, but God had other plans and thus I have my golden child. :) I said a pray today and thanked God for blessing me with the best gift He could give me outside of His own son dying on the cross to save me from my sins. I am truly blessed to have this child I get to call my son. He makes the sunny days sunnier, the gray days lighter, and the darkest days are survived because this 45 pound child looks at me, smiles, and calls me Mommy. There are clearly many things wrong right now, but I am so blessed to have so many things to be right.

So, in a paraphrased version of what the wee one calls me.........

Mommy Mignon :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had the perfect day! Glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete