Friday, July 8, 2011

New Moukaite Jasper Designs




I had a request to design some earrings to match this one-of-a-kind necklace I had designed last autumn. Moukaite is a unique stone - very pretty and very unpredictable in color when I order it from my wholesaler, aka I never know what I'm going to get. So, I waited wondering how the small rounds would look and I still wasn't sure until I put them into an earring design and discovered that each pair go grandly with the necklace and its all a matter of whether you want the calmer more lavendar pair (currently on french hooks in the photos) or the brassy bold pair that pulls from the darker brick red to burgundy hues in Moukaite (pair currently on clip-ons).

Btw, Clip-on earrings are a new offering in the online shop. I settled on a silverplated pair that I like and that's the only thing silverplated in the shop, but it simply made the clip-ons more affordable for the masses to go with silverplate at this time. Sterling silver clip-ons are available per custom request.

Alls well that ends well - I have a new earring design that I truly like and I love Moukaite Jasper more than ever - particularly for its unpredictability.

Ciao,
Mignon

No comments:

Post a Comment