Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hubby's Gift


My buddy from http://knotaway.etsy.com has been after me to see one of my paintings for..............oh, near about forever, leastwise as long as I have known her. :)

They're no Rembrandts, Picassos, or Monets.

You know in Shrek, where Shrek says, "That'll do Donkey, that'll do." Well, considering the only folks before today to see my paintings are my family and my hubby very much urges me to paint him his cards over buying them, then, clearly, "That'll do Mignon, that'll do." :)

This painting was painted on a canvas board - 11 x 14. Then - waste not want not - I shot the painting (thank goodness for all the photo shoots I have done for the jewelry) and printed out cards on some very pricey Watercolor 90 lb. acid free paper, which has a nice grain to it for the hub, the f-n-law (Pop), and my own father (Daddy). :) The hub gets the original painting as well. I do hope he likes his card and painting......

So Happy Father's Day folks! :)

Mignon

5 comments:

  1. I'm starting to think there isn't a single thing you can't do. Good thing I like you cause otherwise I think I'd be big time jealous right about now. How 'bout you save some of that talent for us untalented folk? They'll love it, how could they not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You are def multi talented!!!! This is absolutely lovely! Makes me wish I was on that boat!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks guys. I'm happy with 'that'll do, Mignon.' :) I wasn't expecting being told I had talent - that's rather nice of you two. I pulled from a couple photographs and a memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting! Will you offer prints??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. As a matter of a fact, yes, my stepmom talked me into it after she saw it. So, I'm currently waiting on my first order of giclees and ACEO's to come in. :)

    Fingers are crossed. ;)

    Mignon

    ReplyDelete